Combine a landscape of exquisite lizards, desert cactuses, and the San Andreas Fault, and you have the setting for some glorious adventure in Palms Springs, CA. Renaissance welcomes adventure seekers to the beautiful desert of the San Jacinto Mountains, offering great Palm Springs hiking and adventure!
Experience Joshua Tree National Park with its fascinating assortment of plants and animals shaped by strong winds, unpredictable rain, and climatic extremes. Or, hop aboard the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway and enjoy a breathtaking journey to 8,500 feet, where adventure seekers can hike & dine in the scenic beauty of the San Jacinto Mountains.
We’re so proud of our exciting attractions in Palm Springs, that we’ve created a weekend itinerary for our adventurous guests! Discover the exceptional parks that create our outdoor playground in Palm Springs, California.
Friday Night Arrival:
• Check-in and spend a relaxing evening at Rock’s Ultra Lounge before your adventure begins on Saturday! Relax alongside our outdoor fire pits with great company, food, and drinks.
• Guests can also take a short walk downtown and experience the lively heart Palm Springs. Just 3 blocks away, Palm Canyon drive illuminates with twinkling lights, the Palm Springs’ Walk of Stars, and plenty of delicious restaurants and trendy bars for our Renaissance guests.
Saturday Day & Evening
• Enjoy delicious brunch at DATE that will energize you for a full day of adventure! For snacks during the day, be sure to stop by the Corner Pantry in our lobby for sodas, munchies, and more!
• Begin your journey at the Palm Springs Air Museum. Just 4 miles away, the Palm Springs Air Museum is the famous home to some of the greatest fighting machines of WWII, including a Hellcat, Wildcat, P-51 Mustang, P-47 Thunderbolt, B-25 Mitchell, and the most majestic bomber, a B-17 Flying Fortress.
• Continue to Palm Desert and visit The Living Desert. The mammals and birds of this famous zoo are indigenous to the deserts from Africa and North America, including gazelles, zebras, cheetahs, bobcats, warthogs, leopards, aardwolfs, and reticulated giraffes. See a variety of species up close and personal as you explore this famous Palm Springs zoo.
• Feeling hungry? Enjoy lunch in Palm Desert. There are a variety of delicious dining choices near The Living Desert, including restaurants at the famous El Paseo Shopping Complex. Select from Pacifica Seafood Restaurant, Ristorante Mamma Gina, Tommy Bahama, and more. Need help choosing one? The Renaissance’s Concierge is happy to assist you!
• Then, hop aboard a sunset expedition by Adventure Hummer Tours! Pick-up is just 1 mile away from The Living Desert, where you’ll be whisked away in an open-air hummer! See the San Andreas Fault and beautiful Joshua Tree National Park during a 4-hour outing by a professional tour guide. (*Advanced reservations for Adventure Hummer Tours are highly recommended)
• OR, see Joshua Tree National Park from the seat of your mountain bike, offering an extensive network of dirt roads. Joshua Tree is also a popular rock-climbing area and home to approximately 250 bighorn sheep, so keep your eyes peeled!
• Enjoy breakfast at DATE Restaurant, then jump aboard the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway and experience a breathtaking journey to 8,500 feet! For 20 minutes, ride the world’s largest rotating tramcar to the top of the mountain, offering plenty of great Palm Springs hiking! This 13,000-acre park offers over 50 miles of trails in the mountains soaring above the Sonora desert.
• Enjoy lunch at the Peak Restaurant before heading home. It will be a great finale to your Palm Springs adventure weekend!